In the interest of making these next few moments together as painless as possible, I'll talk about myself in the least self-indulgent way that I can: quickly and simply via lists. Lists!
Me In A Minute: Top Ten Things
I like lists. Especially checklists. They get the work done. I hope these lists work for you, too:
- I stopped keeping count of my age after 23.
- I was born in the Philippines and raised on U.S. military bases.
- I studied Philosophy in college and somehow graduated with honors.
- I work across multiple media platforms as a talent, writer, and producer.
- I created a multimedia company covering technology, startups, and esports.
- I am mostly in my head more than anywhere else.
- I made over 10,000 tacos while working at Taco Bell.
- I like to get eight hours of sleep a day and train at the gym three times a week.
- I automatically smile when I see puppies, babies, and my nieces.
- I copy to come up with something new. Don't you.
Halfway Through My Life: 5 Lessons Learned
If I die in my 70's then I've lived half my life. (And any more would be sweet, sweet bonus years.) If so, here are some life lessons from a fairly short life:
- Take that leap and believe in something greater than yourself. Have faith that you’ll find sound footing on the other side. Pray.
- Talk the talk and walk the walk. A is A. You can’t say you are something or will do something, and then not be that person or not do that thing.
- The "simplest" equation to success is probably to work hard and smart and for long enough that you’re bound to meet with Lady Luck.
- Leave this world better than when we enter it. I love my nieces. They mean the whole world to me and my family. They deserve the best life possible. All children do.
- Sleep more. That’s more of a goal than an actual life lesson right now. But I bet some thirty-odd years from now I’ll say to myself, “I wish I had slept more when I was in my thirties.” Then it'll be a lesson learned too late.
If This Isn't Enough, Dig Deep and Creep
- First things first, you can Google me.
- After that, you can attempt to friend me on Facebook (if I'm even still there) or just like my Page.
- I'm also on Instagram, but like with anything owned by the Zuck, I'm seldom active on those platforms.
- But I am almost always on Twitter reading everyone else's brainfarts (and sometimes I tweet mine too).
- For more serious stuff, LinkedIn is where I'm at.